Do you know who GOD is?

I was in Church Thursday night at Initiators of Change Ministries, Pig Farm, Accra, and as the service was ongoing, I became so emotional. I had turned facing the exit way of the Church, consumed in thought about who God is. Although my attention was occasionally drawn to my fellow brethren who were in high-spirit praising God, I quickly again embraced this lingering thought, which didn't seem to be leaving me anytime soon. I was literally pondering on 'God! His Allness, His Unfathomable Nature.' And indeed, a strong holy reverence and fear of the Lord enveloped me! Goodness! Tears trickled down my cheeks. Just as the Spirit of the Lord, the Holy Spirit, searches the Mind of God, even the deep things of God, He literally worked on my mind and heart too. He began to download into my spiritman the profound nature of God. I stood there in that atmosphere of atmospheres, completely overwhelmed by who God is.
Yes, I pondered the works of God. The enormity of the earth, and all the things in them. But, I was more stunned about things Heavenly. I thought to myself: So God gave life and existence to these hosts of Heaven: the Four Living Creatures, the 24-Elders, the Seraphims and Cherubims, and the countless eternal creations in Heaven? Spiritbeings who are so evolved, powerful and immortal, and yet willingly empty themselves to prostrate and worship, praise, and to obey and serve God? I was dumbfounded. I envisioned God on His Throne; high and lifted up, exalted and dwelling in such unapproacable light, and by whose voice, word and command, everything came to be. I was the more fearful when I thought about how He can literally call forth the world to an abrupt end, pronounce His judgments, even declare that all the eternal heavenly hosts be dead and; how He sees and listens simultaneously to every creation of His, knows what they think and would say, to providing them their daily sustenance... You see dear brethren, we have to come to this understanding that GOD IS SOOOOO GREAAAAAAT, SOOOOO ALMIGHTY, AND GREATLY TO BE FEARED. I don't mean the kind of fear that would cause you to withdraw from Him, but rather that holy fear of being inflamed to obey and to carry out His commands and not wanting to withdraw from. I AM DEEPLY OVERWHELMED WITH A HOLY FEAR OF WHO GOD IS. YOU SHOULD TOO!

Comments